Friday 13 March 2015

Video work

I have been documenting different things that I feel could contribute to my work in some way or another. I left a video camera recording my son behind his baby gate in order to see what he did when I was not in the room. The footage showed him walking around the room, standing up to the gate, laying and rolling on the floor.


Next, I documented myself twice talking about my experiences of depression. One video shows me talking to the camera, revealing my mouth only, experimenting with movements in order to see how they played back. Another video shows myself 'talking to a brick wall', a phrase in which a lot of mothers use.


A final video was recorded in my sons room, looking out through the window. The audio track to this video is the music and sounds played from his night light. These are sounds that will always remind me of the time when he was first born, the dreaded nights, the non stop crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment