Tuesday 7 April 2015

The past

From looking at memories and occurrences from when my child was born, and basing my work upon remembrance, the artist Chiharu Shiota was suggested to me. Shiota creates large scale installations, often with black thread, and weaves household, everyday and personal objects within these structures. Traces of the past, dealing with anxieties and remembrances often appear within Shiota's work.

I have began to develop my work in combining the fold/drape work with personal objects from the past. I have experimented by encapsulating these objects within a shear draped fabric. The fabric acts as a protection for these personal, precious objects.

I aim to develop this work, along with the concept of the forgotten space under the bed, and the uncanny for my degree show work.

These are only a select few images, to see the rest please visit my Facebook page.





No comments:

Post a Comment