Friday 18 January 2013

"A messy desk shows a tidy mind.."


Christmas, what a stressful time. Never knew how stressful it could get until you stopped enjoying the lazy days off school and started working in the real word, cramming everything in, and arranging visits to a million people!

Back to the art work. Even more stress.

I had been looking at other ways of visually showing stress, struggling to represent how I feel. I shut down and tend not to do anything. Looking around me for some inspiration in my pokey little flat, I see my results. Nothing has been done, no housework, washing, cleaning, sorting etc. Everywhere is a mess. This inspired me to trial an installation piece for my assessment, simply by leaving my studio in the mess it was in whilst preparing and pulling my hair out for the deadline. I took photos of my flat, which I would have been happy to display as pieces themselves however I decided to take this further and bring the chaotic state of my mind from my flat to my studio.











No comments:

Post a Comment