Sunday 11 November 2012

Displaying work

 
I have displayed my visual representations of stress in my studio, arranging them in a simple layout, contradicting the chaotic shapes I have made. The sculptures made from salt dough are a slightly different colour to the wall, however, this allows the shapes to be seen easier. Shadows from the impressions in the salt dough are quite prominent due to the natural light shining above them in the studio, which I think adds to the shapes, and the work as a whole. Similarly, the silicone sculptures do have shadows, but they are not as defined, this could be due to the pliable material, also thinning out in some areas. Again, I used a simple square layout, showing stress but in an organised way, making the sculptures easier to depict for the viewer. The colour of the silicone moulds blend in with the space better, and visually gives the illusion that someone may have punched into the wall form the other side. These are development pieces, testing out materials, however I am contemplating using these as a piece of work, if not I shall definitely keep the structural idea of arranging the shapes in a square, keeping the work tidy.


No comments:

Post a Comment