Tuesday 23 October 2012

Doing with what you have..

Acrylic on fabric.
I am developing my project of economic deprivation by using found objects, and materials I already have in my house, studio and around the university. I found a quote from the internet which reflects my thoughts on the past year and a half, struggling with finances and feeling restricted. On these pieces I used a stencil, made fom printing text on thick paper and cutting out the letters. I then used a kitchen sponge and brown acrylic paint to print the letters on the fabric, which was originally a pair of trousers. On my second piece, I painted over a canvas with black paint, which was previously used for other work. I then used the same stencil to print letters on the canvas, however, I did not have any white paint at hand, so instead I used flour. I found this worked quite well and portrays the subject in which I am focusing on.

Flour and acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment